March 22, 2012

In conversation with the lost girl

Posted by Darlings of Venus at 5:37 PM


Raumali: A little secret first, it's a little selfish on my part, like m a huge fan of your blog, a HUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE one, so i wanted to interview you

Smita: Awww :) that's just so sweet of you :)

Raumali: So now my questions. Define smita- the person.

Smita: Well, technically means a smiling face :) name given by my maternal grandmother :) as told by all, I look best when I smile. People say I have that natural best smile, showing all the teeth :D I am a mix of various things, emotions n love being the major ingredients. I am moody at times. Not too much talkative, But I speak a lot to the people I know or to the people I feel good about. :) I am calm, patient. I used to be short tempered, but now, people who know me don’t believe this. I am not pretentious, what I have in my heart, I say it, can't hold it for long from d person for whom I have that thing :) I start getting a guilty feeling, as in hiding things from that person. I believe why to be worried with human made worries. Let’s just say things, and be clear in life, we have a lot other mandatory life worries like love, study, relations to be worried about ;)

Raumali: J tell me why did you decide to study engineering?

Smita: Hmm, nice question :P am also finding the answer to it now after being placed in an IT company after studying 4 years of electronics and communication :) My father is my answer for me selecting BTECH :) I wanted to be like him one day, make him proud :) also; I think it will feel good to have ER before your name after completing engineering: P no other course gives you this privilege, and doctor is a big no for me

Raumali: So getting to your blog now. Why "LOST GIRL"?

Smita: well, I had a long thought process for selecting a suitable title for my blog. I wanted my blog to be a showcase of my thoughts about life, things and stuff. Along with stories and poems etc and not just a personal blog, so i named it, Pages from, diary of a lost girl. : It's my personal e-diary keeping a track of all my thoughts about life, topics of my interest, and happenings in my life that I feel comfortable sharing with the world. And lost girl because I was not sure of revealing my real identity in the blog world at first I don't find this net world safe for a girl, so I chose to be a lost girl, a girl lost in this world with her thoughts :) hence came the full title of the blog :)

Raumali: Ok so what made you writing and blogging?

Smita: I want this interview to be read by one and all who know me, so I will be very honest here in this question as not many know the real reason of me starting this blog. There are two reasons

Or let’s say 3

first, I was once preparing for GRE, so blogging appeared to me as the best option for improving my vocabulary and my writing skills as mugging things is something I can’t do, and blog writing is putting all the English you learn to practical use that u will never forget

Second reason, I always wanted to write stories and stuff. Writing a diary is a something I never liked. You write personal stuff in a diary and hide it from all, this I dislike, so I started a blog where I can be honest as to what I wish to share and I don’t.

Now the third reason,

I liked a guy, He had a fantastic blog, that was the first blog I saw in my life :) his blog had his philosophy stuff about life and incidents in his life His blog actually triggered me to start a blog :)

Raumali: Hmm, so “every blog has a story”:P. Now tell me who has been the person of your blog?

Smita: Well, there are actually many :)

My aunt, Suvidha Agarwal reads it, she has a kitchen blog if her own which she started after getting inspired by me:P my aunt is my first and most lovely fan n critic. She once said, "After reading your posts I feel like hugging you ", I still remember her words, she praises my writings a lot

Then my very good friend Mohit reads them all and my best friend Vibhas reads all the acknowledged blog posts. Mohit is a silent reader, he just reads. Vibhas is the best blog critic. He loves finding mistakes and I love acknowledging them

But there's this guy Ankit, he's the best reader I have got till now :) He reads it all, no matter what I write and how I write. He has been my muse for a lot of stuff on DOV as well my very own blog :) He has read max of my posts , and he started reading just few months back And he's a bit ignorant about this blog world So he reads all those whose link I send him. He appreciates my writings like anything, very less bad things I have heard from him though he's the most unbiased guy I have met when it comes to giving an opinion about anything. He wants me to write a book in future.

Raumali: Express your feelings when one day you open your blog and see the number of followers increased by one

Smita: I simply can't explain this feeling, a get this bigggggggggggggggggg smile on my face

Some 4 days back only my followers increased from 51 to 52, thanks to you for that :)I had this big smile on my face at 7:45 in the morning. It feels just so great to know that you have one more follower or a new facebook page like :)

Raumali: Ahh so I made your Day: D

Smita: you just made my day J now tomorrow am going to be jumping all around telling everybody what a big nice fan I Have in you: P

Raumali: how does the increase of a number of followers affect your next post?

Smita: hmm.., no effect. I write because I love to write. The only effect i seen in the posting: P. any new follower, any new comment, makes me blog more frequent J I just write :) As I believe one day I too will have many readers who would read it all :)

Raumali: Like me, just took 2 days to completely read your blog.

Smita: you have read all my posts? 2 days? Gosh! Didn’t u get bored ;)

Raumali: nah, i told u. It’s like your blog is a real person

I find solace

Smita: aww, that’s so sweet :). Thanks a tonn yaar for such a nice piece of appreciation :)

Raumali: J, coming to my next question. Family members who read your blog and their reactions too

Smita: my aunt, from maternal side. She reads and appreciates it all. She loved my CABG series. She said, “nobody can read it without crying". she tried making my father and mother read it, father didn’t read because he doesn’t likes reading this much but he heard it all from my aunt, but mother had tears in her eyes on only reading its 2 parts, she didn’t read further :)

Raumali: you say, what was exactly going thru u when u was writing d CABG series?

Smita: CABG series is my blogs most priceless possession :).my father was operated in December, 2010. His heart disease was diagnosis was the scariest moment when the doctor said, he needed to be operated as his condition was critics, and everything seemed to be coming to an end to me. Because we r only 3 people in my family. me, my father n my mother and I was in B.Tech 3 rd yr only that time, so one can imagine what a scary situation it was for a family to know his only bread winner was not fine health wise. So I had a very bad time. But I couldn’t say my feelings and emotions to my mother that would have weakened her. I tried finding solace with friends, but it’s hard to understand things when actually they r not happening to u. So I had my blog, who listened it all, the way I wanted to say. The way I wanted it to hear. I wrote all my frustration for life giving me such horrible scenario at this point of life. I wrote it all :)

Raumali: And it must have felt better after writing it all

Smita: Yea, felt lighter :) it feels good to share things J and I don’t like troubling people I love with my cries so I wrote it all on my blog :)

Raumali: Let’s talk about Chennai to New Delhi drama series. That night train journey how it felt? And how it felt the next morning?

Smita: it was the scariest train journey of my life. I still was too scared while travelling from Delhi to Chennai in Feb. I was scared to death when we had to leave our train. The next morning too I was scared, for I was worried how we would go home, but I was at the same time a bit relaxed, because I was with two very good and caring guys :) I pray, nothing similar to that happens to anybody ever they saved me I would say: D I am lucky to have those two people they cared a lot in that whole journey a lot more scary and caring part is still not on the blog about that series though, it’s not advisable to write everything on blog too ;)

Raumali: yeah, about that. Writing about personal life in a public domain- where does u think one should draw the line?

Smita: I believe one shouldn’t write about all the personal stuff on blogs. but then I believe it all depends on the individual if one is comfortable about sharing all the stuff of his life with his/her readers, then one must go on but if you are not comfortable then one shouldn’t write. Like I am not comfortable writing all the personal stuff, and sometimes I mix fiction with my real life incidents. So sometimes I write pure real stuff like CABG and Chennai to New Delhi series. Sometimes I write pure fiction like my award winning story and leave it all on the readers to guess what is real n what is fiction I love writing it this way. What fun is there in reading something when you get to know it all by the end ;)

Raumali: ok my next question is about "another two states", it's been really long, and it's going gr8 too, why didn't u think about writing a novel?

Smita: hehehe, and still I haven’t completed it, J I know. it has been stretched a bit too much. a lot many readers ask me to complete it soon, some even ask me to tell them it’s further story in their ears ;), but I definitely will complete it soon but I won’t write a novelJ I will compose a book in future, containing some of my blog posts, it would be like kinda a short stories book something. This is what I have in mind right now, who knows in future I might even pen down a novel too :) but currently I am not ready for a novel :)

Raumali: pages from the diary of the lost girl or creative corner?

Smita: pages from diary of a lost girl. Creative corner is a totally diff blog piece of mine. It’s like my creative work online scrapbook :)

Raumali: rate your blog on the scale of 1 to 5

Smita: 3

Raumali: so who is the first person u want to talk to when u r upset?

Smita: Well, actually no one. i like being alone when I am sad. But then I always like talking to my mother. Thinking about life and stuff is what i do then, whenever i am low. Who always uplifts my mood every time i am in blue shades, then i have my friend ankit.

Raumali: ever fell for the wrong person?

Smita: yup J the guy whose blog I saw first :)

Raumali: ever felt for a single moment that you were betraying your guy?

Smita: no, never

: i am a one man woman :)

Raumali: one thing about conventional women which you don't like and you are not

Smita: I don’t like buttering n being a polite person on face but a back stabber later. I don’t like keeping secrets n bitching about every other person. gossiping is absolutely not my cup of n all those fake pomp shows and childlike activities done by women of today's age to attract men r all what I don’t do :) I like keeping things simple, straight and clear, be it any area of life or relationships :)

Raumali: coming to my last question, one philosophy you follow in your life and you want to share with your fans

Smita: be happy and others happy :) you don’t know what may happen next so why waste today in being sad and making other sad because of you before you do something foolish to hurt yourself and other just think what impact that may have on people attached to you, on people who actually love you :) Everybody lives for their own selves, but the real life is lived by the one who lives it for others :)

Raumali: that brings us to the end of it. I seriously am happy to get this opportunity to interview you. M such a big fan of yours. J

Smita: aww, thank you so much for reading my blog :) It really means a lot to have a fan like this :)I will have a broad smile on my face for some next few days because of this :D

Raumali: J

6 comments:

Suvidha A. on March 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM said...

Such a nice interview. Actually got to know the "lost girl" better.

Naman Rastogi on March 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM said...

Naman: really nice...smita ....
keep it up...

Keirthana on March 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM said...

Raumali and Smita, Thanks to you both for the lovely interview.. Love knowing more about you Smita. The pics are too cute :)

Smita on March 26, 2012 at 8:01 AM said...

@suvidha A. : thanks. Good to know that I appeared quiet fair enough to you in the interview :P

@Naman Rastogi : thanks

@Keirthana : Thanks keirthana, raumali deserves all the applaud for this piece of work :)

Unknown on April 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM said...

the baby pic is a nice touch.

scoregetter on July 13, 2012 at 9:21 AM said...

nice collection of pictures post.. we are GRE in chennai and gre coaching training classes in chennai .

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates